IssueWhy do I get a "Common Language Runtime Debugging Services" error dialogue whenever trying to launch cleaner XL?
SolutionThis problem occurs if you have the Microsoft .NET Frameworks version 1.1 installed on your system. To verify the version you have installed:
- Go to your Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Check the list of installed programs
- Look for "Microsoft .NET Framework"
- Check the version number listed there.
Note: There is no need to uninstall .Net version 1.1 - both versions can reside on your system. Insert your cleaner XL CD
- Browse to the "3rd party extras" folder
- Run the dotnetfx.exe file
Toll free within North America: 1.877.347.2733
Alternately, you can download the .Net version 1.0 directly from the Microsoft web site.